ChallengeMe Cards is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Mandy Elliott may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2021.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps control the shopping cart, analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for internal statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please Get In Touch.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- All requests to a Joomla website start a session which stores the IP address in the session data and creates a session cookie in the user's browser. The IP address is used as a security measure to help protect against potential session hijacking attacks and this information is deleted once the session has expired and its data purged. The session cookie's name is based on a randomly generated hash and therefore does not have a constant identifier. The session cookie is destroyed once the session has expired or the user has exited their browser.
- Joomla's logging system records the IP address of the visitor which led to a message being written to its log files. These log files are used to record various activity on a Joomla site, including information related to core updates, invalid login attempts, unhandled errors, and development information such as the use of deprecated APIs.
- When a network connection is available, a Joomla installation will attempt to communicate with the joomla.org servers for various capabilities, to include:
- Checking for updates for the Joomla application
- Help screens for core Joomla extensions
- The Install from Web service (opt-in)
- The statistics collection server (opt-in)
- In conjunction with a plugin which supports a "Remember Me" feature, such as the "System - Remember Me" plugin, this plugin creates a cookie in the user's browser if a "Remember Me" checkbox is selected when logging into the website. This cookie can be identified with the prefix `joomla_remember_me` and is used to automatically log users into the website when they visit and are not already logged in.
- The reCAPTCHA plugin integrates with Google's reCAPTCHA system as a spam protection service. As part of this service, the IP address of the user answering the captcha challenge is transmitted to Google.
- HikaShop stores by default the IP address when someone posts a vote or a comment on a product, when someone adds something to their cart, when someone registers on the website through HikaShop, and when someone places an order through HikaShop. HikaShop has options in its configuration to deactivate these separately. You should first make sure which ones are necessary for your country's administration, and which ones cannot be collected due to the privacy laws in your country.
- HikaShop stores the addresses the customer uses for his carts / orders. If you don't need some of the information requested by default by HikaShop for the addresses, you can go in the menu Display>Custom fields of HikaShop to disable the ones you don't need.
- In order to process information requests, information about the user must be collected and logged for the purposes of retaining an audit log. The request system is based on an individual's email address which will be used to link the request to an existing site user if able.